Share Transfer / Dematerialisation
Share transfer request for physical shares is acted upon within 15 days from the date of their receipt at the Karvy Fintech Private Limited, Registrar & Share Transfer agent (RTA) at Hyderabad. In case no response is received from the Company within 30 days of lodgement of transfer request, the lodger should immediately write to the RTA of the Company with full details so that necessary action could be taken to safeguard interest of the concerned against any possible loss/interception during postal transit.
Dematerialisation requests, duly completed, in all respects are normally processed within 7 days from the date of receipt at the RTA of the Company.
Shareholders are requested to note that if physical documents viz. Demat Request Form (DRF), Share Certificates, etc., are not received from their concerned DPs by the Company within a period of 15 days from the date of generation of the DRN for dematerialisation, the DRN will be treated as rejected/cancelled. This step is being taken on the advice of National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL), so that no demat request remains pending beyond a period of 21 days.
Permanent Account Number (PAN)
Members who hold shares in physical form are advised that SEBI has made it mandatory that a self attested copy of the PAN card of the transferee(s), members, surviving joint holders/legal heirs be furnished to the Company while making request for transfer, deletion of name of deceased joint holder, transposition of names, and transmission of shares, as the case may be
Nomination Facility for Shareholding
Section 72 of the Companies Act, 2013, extends nomination facility to individuals holding shares in physical form. Shareholders, in particular, those holding shares in single name, may avail the above facility by furnishing the particulars of their nominations in the prescribed Nomination Form, which can be downloaded from the website of the Company or obtained from the RTA of the Company by sending written request through any mode including e-mail on “email@example.com”
Change of Address and Furnishing of Bank Details
Shareholders holding shares in physical form should notify to the Company, change in their address with Pin Code number and Bank Account details by written request under the signatures of sole/ first joint holder.
Beneficial Owners of shares in demat form should send their instructions regarding change of address, bank details, nomination, power of attorney, change in email address, etc., directly to their DP as the said records are maintained by the DPs.
To prevent fraudulent encashment of dividend warrants, please provide your Bank Account details to the Company (if shares are held in physical form) or to your DP (if shares are held in demat form), for printing of the same on the dividend warrants.
Registering of E-mail Address
Request you to please provide your e-mail address for availing the facility of e-communication, so as to enable us to serve you fast.
Loss of Shares
In case of loss/misplacement of shares, investors should immediately lodge a FIR/Complaint with the police and inform to the Company along with original or certified copy of FIR/Acknowledged copy of Police Complaint along with a self-attested copy of PAN card.
Correspondence with the Company
Shareholders/Beneficial Owners are requested to quote their Folio No./DP and Client ID Nos., in all correspondence with the Company.
All correspondence regarding physical shares should be addressed to the RTA of the Company at Karvy Selenium Tower B, Plot 31-32, Gachibowli, Financial District, Nanakramguda, Hyderabad – 500 032 and not to any other office(s) of the Company including the Corporate Finance Division.
Shareholders can send such correspondence, which do not require signature verification for processing, through E-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Resident Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the following to the Company in respect of shares held in physical form and to their DPs in respect of shares held in dematerialised form: -
- Indian address for sending all communications, if not provided so far;
- Change in their residential status on return to India for permanent settlement;
- Particulars of the Bank Account maintained with a bank in India, if not furnished earlier; and
- RBI Permission number with date to facilitate prompt credit of dividend in their Bank Accounts.
Unclaimed equity dividends up to Financial Year 1994-95 have been transferred to the General Revenue Account of the Central Government. Shareholders who have so far not encashed their dividend warrant(s) for the said period, may claim the same from the Registrar of Companies – Madhya Pradesh, Sanjay Complex, 3rd Floor, 'A' Block, Jayendraganj, Gwalior–474 009 (M.P.) by submitting an application in Form II of the Companies Unpaid (Transfer to General Reserve Account of the Central Government) Rules, 1978.
Unclaimed equity dividend for the financial years 1995-96 to 2006-2007 have been transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) constituted by the Central Government. No claim by the Shareholders shall lie against IEPF in respect of the said unclaimed amount.
Your Company will transfer the unclaimed dividend for the Financial Year 2007-2008 to IEPF in September, 2015. Shareholders, who have not claimed the dividend for aforesaid period, are requested to lodge their claim with the Company by 31st August, 2015.
Payment of Dividend through Electronic mode
SEBI by its Circular dated 21st March, 2013 has advised usage of approved electronic mode viz. ECS (Electronic Clearing Services), NECS (National Electronic Clearing Services) and other modes of electronic fund transfer for distribution of dividend to the shareholders.
Shareholders who have still not provided their Bank details for receiving dividend in electronic mode are requested to please provide the following bank details by a letter signed by the sole/ 1st joint holder along with a cancelled copy of your cheque leaf –
- Name of the Bank with its Branch & complete Address;
- Bank Account Number (SB/ CC/ Current)
- 9 digit MICR Code (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) appearing on the MICR cheque issued by your bank to you
- to your Depository Participant (DP) in case you are holding shares in dematerialized form quoting reference of your DP and Client ID
- to the RTA of the Company, in case you are holding shares in physical mode quoting reference of your Ledger Folio No.
so that going forward your Company can pay you all future dividends in electronic mode through NECS/ ECS.
In case you have already registered your bank details and you wish to change the NECS/ ECS mandate then please write to your DP for shares held in demat form or to the RTA of the Company for shares held in physical form by informing your revised bank details.
Kindly note that there are a number of benefits of payment of dividend in electronic mode viz,
- Prompt credit of dividend amount directly into your bank account as there will be no mailing or handling delays in receiving the physical dividend warrant;
- Avoids loss/ misplacement of physical dividend warrant in postal transit;
- It eliminates the need to deposit the physical warrant in the bank;
- Avoids dividend warrant becoming state/ time barred;
Unclaimed Shares in Physical Form
Clause 5A(II) of the Listing Agreement provides the manner of dealing with the shares issued in physical form pursuant to a public issue or any other issue and which remains unclaimed with the Company. In compliance with the provisions of the said Clause, the Company has sent three reminders under Registered Post to the shareholders whose share certificates were returned undelivered and are lying unclaimed so far.
In terms of Clause 5A(II) of the Listing Agreement, your Company has taken appropriate steps on unclaimed shares by transferring and dematerializing them into one folio in the name of "Grasim Industries Limited Unclaimed Share Suspense Account". In case your shares are lying unclaimed with the Company, you are requested to claim the same. Upon transfer and dematerialization to the suspense account, the voting rights on the said shares shall remain frozen till the rightful owner of such shares claims the shares.
Disclosure pursuant to Clause 5A II of The Listing Agreement
- Aggregate number of shareholders and the outstanding shares in the suspense account lying as at 1st April, 2013; 2,998 shareholders holding 78,150 equity shares of the Company
- Number of shareholders who approached issuer for transfer of shares from suspense account during the year; 5 shareholders holding 185 equity shares of the Company
- Number of shareholders to whom shares were transferred from suspense account during the year; 5 shareholders holding 185 equity shares of the Company
- Aggregate number of shareholders and the outstanding shares in the suspense account lying as at 31st March, 2014; 2,993 shareholders holding 77,965 equity shares
of the Company
The voting rights on the shares in the suspense accounts as on March 31, 2014 shall remain frozen till the rightful owners of such shares claim the shares.
Members are requested to visit the Company’s website www.grasim.com/www.adityabirla.com for :
- information on investor services being offered by the Company;
- downloading of various forms/formats, viz., Nomination form, ECS Mandate form, formats of Affidavits and Indemnity Bonds, etc.; and
- registering your E-mail ID with the Company to receive Notices of General Meetings/other Notices, Audited Financial Statements, Directors' Report, Auditors' Report, etc., henceforth electronically.
Service of Documents in Electronic Form (Green Initiative in Corporate Governance)
In order to conserve paper and environment, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Government of India, has allowed and envisage the companies to send Notices of General Meetings/other Notices, Audited Financial Statements, Directors' Report, Auditors' Report, etc., henceforth to their shareholders electronically as a part of its green initiatives in corporate governance.
Keeping in view the aforesaid green initiative of MCA, your Company shall send the Annual Report to its shareholders in electronic form, to the e-mail address provided by them and made available to it by the Depositories. In case of any change in your e-mail address, you are requested to please inform the same to your Depository.
Shareholders can avail e-communication facility by registering their e-mail address with the Company by sending the request on e-mail to email@example.com or by logging on to Company's website www.grasim.com
You will get following advantages by registering your e-mail address with the Company for availing e-communication:
- it will enable you to receive communication promptly;
- it will avoid loss of documents in postal transit; and
- it will help in eliminating wastage of paper, reduce paper consumption and, in turn, save trees;
Your Company will make the said documents available on its website www.grasim.com/ www.adityabirla.com Please note that physical copies of the above documents shall also be made available for inspection, during office hours, at the Registered Office of the Company at Birlagram–456 331, Nagda (M.P.).
In case you wish to receive the same in physical form, please write to our RTA or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of a request from you, physical copy shall be provided free of cost.
Members are requested to give us their valuable suggestions for improvement of our investor services to our Corporate Office at Mumbai or the RTA at Hyderabad.